Plus sized women have always had a big problem when it comes to shopping for the right clothes. This was because the fashion world had this misguided idea that in order to look beautiful and sexy, you had to have a smaller body with just the right amount of curves in all the right places. As such, the best clothes were designed with this kind of body profile in mind and the rest of us would be lucky to find a single piece of clothing the stores that actually fit. But things have been changing over the last few years and the fashion world is beginning to accept the fact that Bigger is, indeed, Better.
The fact is that bigger women have more curves and can be made to look more attractive and sexy without too much difficulty. The key to looking hot and sexy as a plus sized woman is knowing exactly how to accentuate and show off the best parts of your body and, at the same time, be able to mask or disguise the parts of your body that you are not very proud of. So, for instance, if you have long, beautiful legs but too much fat around the tummy, you must dress in such a way that you get to show more of those legs but reveal very little about the tummy issues. Below are some useful tips on how to dress as a plus sized woman that if followed closely will get you looking hot and sexy in no time at all.
- How To Dress Your Upper Body
The upper body, in this context, refers to your arms and your chest. Dressing them up properly is important because they are probably going to be the first things that people will see when they meet you, after they see your face of course, and you want to make the best impression possible. Here are some tips that should help you do this.
Choosing a quality bra– the foundations for a sexy look are quality undergarments, starting with your bra. Most plus sized women are blessed with big busts and you can use that to your advantage. When choosing a bra, go for those with wide straps and whose centerline lies across your breastbone. Make sure that the band does not ride up and lies parallel all around your chest. In addition, make sure that there are no gaps between the breast and the cup and that there are also no spillovers from the cups.
It is also important to think about the outfit that you are going to wear with the bra before you choose one. If you are going to wear a dress with a cutout style or low back then you need a backless or low back bra. In the same way, a plunge cut bra will be good for a plunging neckline and a strapless bra will go well with a strapless dress or top.
Choose tops which skim your body– in order to get the best sexy, long lines for the torso, choose tops that fit you closely and do not actually hug the body but just skim it. Again you can take the chance to show off some of that beautiful bust by going with a plunging neckline. You can also show off more of your shoulder and neck with an off-the-shoulder dress or top which has the added advantage of directing more attention to your face and away from parts of the body that you might be trying to hide. A sweetheart or V-shaped neckline is also good for showing off more cleavage while at the same time elongating the body.
Go for sheer sleeves– if you are not too proud of the fat under your arms then going sleeveless might not be a good idea but if you have firm arms then you should definitely go for it. For the former, tops with sheer sleeves can have the same effect without actually showing off the fat around the arms.
- How To Dress Your Midsection
If you are like most plus sized women then your midsection is probably not very attractive so your priority here should be dressing to flatten it- or at least to make it look flat. You can get most of the clothes and accessories to help you do this from the plus size section at Jade Collections, which is one of the leading clothing store in the country, and buy them online directly or from any of the shop’s six outlets near you. When dressing your midsection, you should;
- Look for garments with cinched waistlines- dresses and tops that nip around the waist are good for bringing out that sexy hourglass shape so go for them.
- Go for stretch denim or curvy fit jeans and pants- these are good because they are able to accommodate a larger hip section and larger waist and the extra stretch brings out the body-hugging sexy look while still keeping you comfortable. You can also go for popular style pants such as jeggings, which have elastic waistbands even better curves and more comfort. For an even sleeker look, you can slim down your lower abdomen by going for high-rise or mid-rise fit.
- Go for solid colours- if you want to downplay your midsection then you should go for darker, solid colours with smaller patterns. Vertical stripes or downward pointing geometric shapes can add an elongating effect to your midsection and therefore make it appear more flat.
- Accentuating Your Legs And Lower Section
Most plus size women usually have beautiful legs that are naturally sexy so there is not much work to be done here except to just try and accentuate them for an even sexier look. Here are some things you can try;
- Go for slim cut or bootcut pants
- If you are trying to slim some area of your hips or legs then go for dark wash jeans and for brighter colours if you want to accentuate.
- Choose skirts with hemlines above the knee or just at the knee- these give the legs the most universally flattering look
- Get dresses and skirts with lines or pleats falling vertically from the waist downwards to make your lower body appear longer.
- Try high-low hemlines- longer at the back and shorter at the front, they allow you to show off your legs but still look properly covered up.
- Try tights- if you want to show off your legs but are not comfortable with showing too much skin then you can go for tights. But not just the drab ones; get tights that have classic sex appeal such as thigh-highs, lace or fishnets.
Once you have done all the above, you can complete your sexy look by getting high heels that match your outfit. The heels will accentuate the lovely muscles and length of your legs and you should go for heels with pointed toes for an even more elongating effect. Try heels with a nude color, which are closely matched to your natural skin tone to make your legs appear even longer.
Readmore>>Visit Jade Collections Blog>>