Seniors need to age peacefully and happily and that is not possible in an isolated condition that is typically associated with the different facilities that houses such seniors as they age. It is only aging in place that will help you to be happy when you age and stay healthy, fit and fine. Aging in place is all the more required if you suffer from any medical conditions, impairments or temporary or permanent mobility issues.
Aging in your home will provide you with all those things that will help you to age happily. You will get it all such as:
- Your books and TV shows
- Your bed and known mattresses
- Your friends and family
- Your own garden and garden chair
- The companionship of your known ones
- Your favorite food and much more.
All these will ensure that you age happily and stay at the pink of your health!
Did you know that study has shown that aging in place will even affect your memory? Seniors often tend to forget things even if they stay in their homes with their family members. This happens even more badly when they are forced to live in an aging facility.
Research has shown that, smell is one of the most influential memory facilitators! As it is found in studies that in the initial stages of Alzheimer’s disease, smells intensifymemory recalls.
This means that when you stay in your own home and age it helps you a lot as you live within your familiar surroundings that include:
- Décor and
All these will help you to stay connected more cognitively and therefore avoid memory loss. This is a significant benefit of aging in place rather that in an unfamiliar setting and this will surely affect your health and overall well-being. Why do you think that doctors, experts as well as the corporation for aging suggests that you stay in your home when you age, provided all other conditions are favorable? This is because aging in place will lay the foundation for successful and happy aging.
Benefits of home health care
Aging in place is now a possible option for the seniors which is even more facilitated by the different home health care service providers that you will come across today. When you reach old age, you may suffer from different medical conditions such as:
- Asthma and even
- Hearty attacks and more.
These care professionals are highly trained to deal with such patients and with different medical conditions. You will get adequate help, care and attention from these highly experienced professionals who are skilled at providing such cares, at home.
Worried about the cost? Well, you should not. There are lots of such care providers who are quite affordable for the seniors to hire even it is true that they live on a fixed income. All you need to do is take out some time to do your homework before you hire a particular agency and look for specific aspects such as their:
- Services provided
- Attitude and
- Care processes.
Why? This is because it is important that all these align perfectly with your needs, whether it is medical, emotional and mental to ensure a comprehensive care and successful aging, at home.
Home healthcare technology
You will not have to worry about any adverse effects of having such cares at home when you age in place. Mots of the prolific home healthcare agencies today use some of the best home healthcare technologies that helps them to achieve their mission of providing the best health care services to patients at home.
- These technologies help them to overcome all challenges in providing such cares and also in building trusted relationships with their clients and their families for a period that is much longer than the industry average.
- Their primary objective is to use these home healthcare technologies to provide their customers with the most reliable foundation for successful aging at home.
- It also helps them to deliverextraordinary services that are customized and patient-centered partnering with clinicians as well as your family physicians.
Their services are more productive and produces happier results. This is because these hospice, home health, and private duty software solutions are:
- Ease to use
- Effective and result driven
- Helpful in avoiding redundant data entry and
- Service line oriented.
In addition to that, these technological solutions are also able to:
- Maintain individual patient record
- Provide clinical documentation continuity and
- Capture patient as well as clinician signatures at the point of care.
These technologies are also used by the home healthcare agencies to provide other additional adaptive solutions such as:
- Continuous home health care
- Hospice regulatory compliance
- Service lines and payer type support
- Automatic decision backing workflows
- GPS-based EVV or Electronic Visit Verification
- Integration of healthcare ecosystem
- Cloud-based solution and
- Easy enhancement upgrades.
With all these help and support provided by these home health care technologies, the agencies can easily maintain a well-defined and distinct corporate culture that includes:
- Proven changes in the management process
- Use of domain experts for leading implementation
- Align the voice and need of the customers and
- A dedicated and excellent service.
In short, these home healthcare technologies reinforce the foundation of successful aging at home for the seniors, and that too at an affordable cost. This in fact, adds to the importance as well as the possibilities of aging in place. This makes life easy both for the seniors as well as for their families.
The final thought
Aging in place is perhaps the best way to make the seniors feel that they are still wanted, loved and are not deserted. This adds to their mental support that they need excessively at this age. This helps they to stay happy, more active and even pursue their hobbies and interests.
Most importantly, aging at home when coupled with the home healthcare technologies and services will ensure independence of the seniors which is one of the most common things that is found lacking when people reach the age of 65 and continue to live!