Planning for a move? But thinking about moving boxes and crying baby at the same time is giving you chills. Here is the good news, if you plan before and take simple steps like giving your baby special attention will help you to make your move stress-free and tantrum-free.
Here we have compiled a list of some tips to consider when moving with a baby:
Stick to Routine:
Babies are least bothered about what’s going on in their surroundings as long as their routine is undisturbed and they are comfortable. Babies love their routine make sure you don’t let the packing and moving get in the way of their usual routine. Do your packing in bits, when it’s your baby’s early bedtime or nap time. It is also advisable to inform your preferred movers in Maryland about the situation so that they can operate within your desired framework.
Strategize Your Packing Process:
Pack non-essentials first- Avoid wasting your time for searching those toys and pacifiers because your baby’s non-essential belongings need to be neatly packed. Non-essentials include clothes, extra toys, blankets and all those things that you will not require immediately after moving.
Pack baby essentials to carry with you- After you are done with packing your baby’s non-essentials, make a list of items that you will need during the moving process or you will take with you and keep those essentials in one or two separate bags or boxes.
To make your packing even easier, we have mentioned a list of essential belongings to consider when packing:
- Disposable diapers, extra bags for messy diapers and dirty clothes
- Baby toiletries such as powder, cotton balls, wipes and lotions
- Bottles, sippy cups and extra pacifiers
- Breastfeeding pillow and breast pump
- Baby food, fruit juice, formula, water and a can opener
- Keep the first-aid kit with a baby pain reliever, thermometer, and a small hot water bottle.
- Security blanket and favourite cuddle toy
- Pack handy paper towels and pre-moistened towelettes
- A Few favourite toys, collapsible stroller and carrier if you are travelling with a toddler.
- Make sure you carry lots of snacks and extra bottles. Keep your child as distracted as possible with activities, a new toy, extra boxes to play or whatever works.
Seek Professional Help:
Hiring professional moving company can minimise your stress and workload, so you can give more time to your children. Whether you need a short-term or long-term storage solution, always look for a company that provides storage and moving pods as they are the most durable and secure storage containers and the smart way to store your belongings. If you are worried about moving with POD costs, you do not have to worry as various moving companies provide affordable PODs moving and storage facilities.
Consult the Pediatrician:
Before moving don’t forget to consult your pediatrician. If you are travelling long distance, ask for tips to keep your baby happy on a long car ride or a plane. In case you want to find a new pediatrician, carry a copy of all of your child’s medical reports to provide to your new pediatrician. Ask your existing pediatrician for suggestions on how to find a new pediatrician nearby your new home.
- After moving to your new home make sure you unpack the child’s bedroom first. Giving your child a consistent and peaceful room helps them to relax into their new surroundings.
- Install safety gates to block staircase
- Use child-resistant locks on drawer containing knives, lighters, matches and cleaning products.
- Install window guards
- Keep small objects like balloons, magnets, balls and marble away from children.
- Install carbon monoxide alarms and smoke detectors
- Don’t forget to cover electrical outlets with outlet covers.
- Make sure all prescription and medicine cabinets are protected with child-proof locks.
Follow these tips for a safe and happy moving experience. Good Luck!