Hair on the wrong places, for example, the face for ladies is unwelcome and unwanted. Some men do not want chest hair as well. The traditional methods of hair removal like shaving and waxing are inconvenient, uncomfortable and with short-lived results.
The advent of laser hair removal has been a big relief for people looking for long-term results. Laser hair removal targets the hair follicles, destroying it with heat. This makes hair regrowth slower or disables the follicles forever. This procedure is highly recommended to be done by a skin specialist in Gurgaon.
Even though the laser hair removal procedure is safe, however, there are certain laser hair removal side effects which can be disastrous when the procedure is not handled correctly. Some of these side effects include;
Laser hair removal can change the color of the skin adversely in two ways.
- Hyperpigmentation occurs when the skin produces higher melanin than usual, just like what happens when one gets a suntan.
- Hypopigmentation occurs when the procedure disrupts the production of melanin, making the skin lighter like in albinism.
Skin gets burned when the removal tool is set at wrong frequently, heating up the skin more than needed. Darker skinned people are also at a higher risk of skin burns from a laser as their skin absorbs the light more readily.
This happens when bacteria get into the pores in the area where hair removal is done. This can be seen as pimples and pustules. This is treated with antibiotics.
This is rare and should be immediately seen by a skin specialist
Laser light waves are on ultra-high frequency, which is harmful to the eye. Eye protection is worn by both skin specialist and the client.
Laser removal side effects that should not be much cause for worry include;
- Redness and mild swelling on the site. This happens as the skin reacts to the damaging of the hair follicles. A soothing cream will keep the swelling down after a few days
- Itching like mild razor burn, which also goes away after a few days.
- Mild pain, numbness, and tingling
- Scabbing like a mild bruise on the area treated
Normal side effects should disappear within a week. If there is discomfort going beyond that, it should be brought to the attention of a skin specialist.