Asbestos is a mineral used in the past for insulation and fireproofing. It is now banned in many countries because it can cause cancer and other diseases. As such, the use of asbestos in Sydney has been prohibited since 2003, but some buildings contain asbestos. The NSW government has a program to remove asbestos from these buildings, but it will take time to complete the work. Meanwhile, the harmful effects of asbestos include lung cancer, asbestosis, pleural plaques, and mesothelioma.
Asbestos fibres can be inhaled into the lungs and cause inflammation of the lung tissue. This is why asbestos removal in Sydney is increasing every day. The lung inflammation can lead to scarring of the lungs, making it challenging to function correctly. Besides, mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that affects the lining around the lungs or abdomen caused by exposure to asbestos fibres. And the most common symptoms of asbestosis are shortness of breath, a persistent cough, and chest tightness.
So, the benefits of removing asbestos are:
- It can reduce the risk of developing lung cancer by up to 50%.
- It can reduce the risk of developing mesothelioma by up to 90%.
- It can reduce the risk of developing asbestosis by up to 80%.
- It can reduce the risk of developing pleural plaque by up to 90%.
More About Asbestos Removal
- Asbestos removal in Sydney is a necessary process that must be done safely. And there are two ways to remove asbestos: wetting the material with water or steaming to make it brittle and then breaking it up into small pieces, or using hydraulics and a machine called an Excavator to break up the material. Wetting the material with water or steam is often more cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
- Asbestos removal is the process of removing asbestos from buildings and other structures. It is a challenging process that requires special equipment and protective gear. The first step in the process is to identify the location of asbestos in the building or structure. And this can be done by using an X-ray machine, which will show any traces of asbestos. The next step is to remove any asbestos that has been identified, which can be done by using a vacuum cleaner or wetting it down with water before removing it with a scraper.
Finding an Asbestos Removal Service
- Before finding an asbestos removal service provider identify the type of asbestos in the building. As such, there are three types of asbestos: chrysotile, crocidolite, and amosite. The second step is to find out if the building has been tested for asbestos before or not. And if tested before, it is essential to find out what the results were. This will come in handy to compare them with the results of any future tests done on the building.
- The next thing to do is research different companies and their prices. It is also recommended to find out if they have insurance if something goes wrong during the removal process.
- It is essential to ensure that the chosen company has sufficient experience in asbestos removal. This will ensure that the home or business is safe from potential dangers.
The tips for choosing asbestos removal service are: