If you have been thinking of getting a roof restoration done, but you are not sure what it is and what it takes to complete the roof’s entire repair,
Here We Have Listed Some Essential FAQS Related To Roof Restoration
- What does roof restoration mean?
Roof restoration is a process that is done to maintain your roof. It is much more than repairing a tiny section of the roof. In this process, the entire top is upgraded and improved. It is a cheaper alternative to roof replacement.
- What does it take to do roof restoration?
During this process, the roof is first inspected. Once the inspection is done, all the problems are detected and noted. The entire procedure’s budget is also noted down in advance, and if the owner approves, the restoration starts with cleaning. After cleaning and ridge capping is done, then the protective coating is applied. The entire process adds many years of life to your roof.
- What are the benefits of roof restoration?
Some of its significant benefits are:
- It increases the life of the roof.
- It protects the house from dust and pests.
- It enhances the aesthetic appeal of the roof.
- It increases the value of the property by up to 25%.
- It reduces the energy bill by maintaining the temperature of the house
- It helps to avoid any major accident or damage to the roof or other structures.
- It is a much faster and cheaper process in comparison to roof replacement.
4. Once the restoration is done, how long will it last?
It might not last as long as a brand new roof, but it will enhance the top’s life for 10 to 15 years. The duration of the restoration durability will also depend on the climatic conditions of your area. If the climatic conditions are extreme, it might not last more than 8-10 years.
- How do I know if my roof needs restoring?
If you see broken or cracked tiles, it means that your roof needs restoration. Other signs include molds, mildew, sagging, corrosion and water leakage. Most of the tops may last up to 20 to 25 years, but they may need restoration in severe climatic conditions after 15 years. Moreover, if you have been spending money on frequent repairs, then you will be required to get the restoration done as it is going to save you fortunes.
- How can I restore my roof?
The roof is made of different materials, and every type of roof will require a different kind of approach in order to restore it. It’s best if you can call the professional company to do the restoration process. These companies will have skilled labor, equipment, and material to complete the entire process. They have hands-on experience as well, and they will also provide a warranty for their work. Therefore, do not try any DIY techniques for the same.
- How much time will it take to restore the roof completely?
The time required to complete the restoration depends upon the amount of work that needs to be done. If your roof requires many repairs or replacement of tiles, it might take 6-7 days. However, if it is a routine repair, it will complete in 2 to 4 days.
- Is it possible to stay in the house during the process of roof restoration?
When the inspection is done, you will have to stay in the house to discuss further procedures. But during the restoration process, few people prefer to move out as the process can create a lot of dust and noise and disturb their daily routine.
These were some FAQS that might help you make a wise decision and educate you about the roof restoration process.