Probiotic and Probiotic Supplements
Probiotics are one of the widely discussed and researched topic these days. Probiotics are actually good bacteria. Our body is filled with many bacteria, microorganisms, and other viruses. Some of them are actually Good viruses and help a lot in regulating our internal system. Probiotics are very important for your digestive system and even for your skin.
There are number of sources where you can find probiotics. Probiotics are naturally found in food products like buttermilk, yogurt, south Indian fermented food and likewise. in tropical forms also probiotics are seen in skin creams as well. There are many probiotic supplements available in the market. Probiotic supplements are used for different functions. Some probiotics are targeted towards improving your skin texture, whereas some help in weight loss.
Since probiotics involve healthy digestion. Thus, when healthy digestion occurs then your metabolism rates also improves and thus it aids in making you feel lighter and thus contributes to weight loss.
Probiotic Supplements are important in your regular lifestyle. Food is the best source of energy. But when you are unable to get the requisite nutrient and vitamins from your food, then probiotic supplements are highly recommended. But when you are choosing probiotic supplements for yourself then make sure that you double check the ingredients. It is actually the ingredients which are going to perform a role in your body. Also, before consuming any probiotic supplement make sure that you check with your doctor. He is right person to guide what you should consume and what not.
Probiotic Supplement – Benefits
Probiotic supplements have gained a foothold in the market because they are extremely useful. Let’s have a look at the major benefits of probiotic system and how it can have an impact on our health and well being –
- Improves Digestion – First and foremost probiotic supplements are known to have a positive impact on your digestive system. Regular consumption of probiotic supplement helps in preventing any kind of gastrointestinal diseases. Also, probiotic supplements helps to deal with irritable bowel syndrome. Probiotic supplements also help in dealing with different types of diarrhea – antibiotic associated diarrhea, traveler diarrhea, infectious diarrhea and many other diarrhea symptoms. They also help to provide great relief in case of constipation as well.
- Helps against Antibiotic Resistance – Antibiotic resistance is recognized as one of the biggest threats by WHO. When you consume probiotic supplements regularly then it helps in improving your response system. Gradually, you will notice that probiotic supplements help in increasing the effectiveness of antibodies on your body.
- Mental health – Probiotic Supplements help to protect you against mental health and such symptoms. Regular consumption of probiotic supplements helps to deal with many symptoms of depression and even they are helpful in case of autism spectrum disorders.
- Improve Fatty Liver Disease – Non alcoholic fatty liver disease are seen in 80 to 100 million US people. Consumption of probiotic supplements are known to improve this system and thus help a lot in dealing with the same. They are known to reduce the build up of fatty liver disease in your system.
- Food Allergy Protection – Probiotics help to protect against food allergy in your system. Many bacteria are known to cause food allergy and they further cause inflammation. Thus, probiotic supplements protect you from such extreme allergies in your system and also reduces food inflammation to a greater degree.
Side Effects of Probiotic Supplements
Since we have dealt with the benefits of probiotic supplements, let’s have a closer look at what can be the possible side effects of the same.
Listed down are some of the major side effects of probiotic supplements –
- Causes Gas and Bloating – Initially when your system is not accustomed to probiotic supplements. You might feel gas and bloating issues. But this issue gets subsided after a week of probiotic supplements consumption. The key is to begin with lower dose of probiotic supplement and then to increase the dose gradually.
- Headaches – Probiotic supplements are rich in amines. Amines like histamine, tyramine, tryptamine and phenylethylamine. These amines are known to play with your central nervous system and thus they trigger headaches. They even increase or decrease the blood flow in your system.
- Allergic Reactions – Allergic reactions are quite common with probiotic supplements. That is the reason you must double check the ingredients before buying any probiotic supplement. If they contain soy milk, diary or egg and if you are allergic to them, then consuming those supplements might create havoc for your system.
Signs that Probiotics are working
Probiotic is known to have all the health benefits for you. They are extremely beneficial and are known to impact your health and positively improve it in the long run. But how will you know that the probiotics are working on you or not.
Below given are some of the signs which shows that probiotic is working –
- Brighten up your mood – If you feel that the supplements which you are consuming are making you feel better. They are uplifting your mood and making you feel better and energized. Probiotics are known to increase the levels of serotonin which ultimately makes you happy.
- Increased Energy Level – Probiotics are known to increase your energy levels. Low energy levels and digestive issues can have a toll on you. So, within 10 days of consuming probiotic supplements, if you experience an increased energy levels, then your probiotics must receive a thumbs up.
- Stronger Immune System – Digestive system is directly linked to immune system. So, if you are feeling better in your digestive system, then of course immune system will also improve. In case you are witnessing that immune system is gradually improving then your probiotics are showing positive sign.
The bottom line
Probiotic are essential microorganism that have a positive impact on your system. But the same can also prove hazardous to your system. Probiotic is naturally available in food sources as well but they come with some side effects also and all probiotic supplements might not be useful for everyone. Thus, what you can do is that take a doctor’s advice before consuming any probiotic supplement.