With approximately 250,000 people from around the world moving to Canada, every year, it is a favorite country for immigrants. With its flexible and relatively relaxed immigration and citizenship laws and policies, immigrants find it easy to shift there. To migrate to a country, one must be acquainted with all the rules and regulations surrounding the process. Here we are with valuable information regarding just that.
Pre-requisites for immigrating to Canada
Immigration programs in Canada have various segments under which an individual can apply for immigration. An individual must fall under one of the categories to apply for immigration:
- Skilled immigrants program (express entry): for qualified and talented immigrants via selection system. It is completely electronic.
- Quebec selected skilled workers: Quebec is the largest Canadian province with an advanced economy.This program is managed entirely by the provincial administration.
- Canadian experience class program: after spending some time in Canada on a student visa or work permit, it is assumed that the person has achieved required skill experience and good language proficiency (in English or French). Such individuals are eligible for this category.
- Startup visa program: to allow immigrant entrepreneurs to set up business in Canada. For this, one must have a business idea that is convincible and secure a minimum investment of $200,000.
- Self-employed person program: for individuals engaged in cultural and artistic activities, and sports at world class level.
- Family sponsorship program: under this program one can sponsor, his/ her spouse and children for a residential visa of Canada.
- Provincial nominees program: Different Canadian provinces administer these programs
- Caregiver program: As a worker who takes care of children, elderly, and physically or mentally challenged people.
These are the primary programs under which one can apply for the immigration. Now, the essential requirements/pre-requisites which one must fulfill for the same are listed below.
- Language proficiency: One must provide proof that his/ her language proficiency is in at least one of Canada’s official languages (English and French) via recognized certification agencies. For example IELTS (international English language testing system) for English where the required score is CLB 7.
- Education: One must provide a foreign Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report.
- Health requirements: Medical fitness certificate, in a format prescribed by the authorities, is a must requirement. Talk to a doctor, or consult with a Canadian Pharmacy for more information.
- Character requirements: One must have no criminal records in the previous country and must obtain police clearance certificates addressing the same.
There are many organized companies providing consultancy and Canadian immigration services for it. You can get in touch with them for immigration details and visa.
Procedure for migration to Canada
Following the list features necessary process to migrate to Canada:
- Check above mentioned four pre-requisites
- Consider which category you fall under for immigration
- Apply for the class of immigration you fall under
- Apply and all the required documents via mail.
- Pay the application fees
- Wait for your visa to arrive: usually takes from 1 month to 6 months.
- Then collect the documents, and move to Canada
Immigrating to Canada is not a difficult task, and one can manage it efficiently with the help of a professional immigration consultant.