If you are thinking to buy a bed and feeling confused whether you should buy a platform bed or not, then you are landed on the correct place. Here, we will discuss the pros and cons of the platform bed and will know if they provide comfort or not. As choosing right type of bed is very important so that you don’t have to compromise with your beauty sleep. You will find various types of bed available in the market come up with different features and styles. If you are planning to switch on to the platform beds, then you can look or choose platform bed reviews before going to purchase it. So we are discussing advantages and disadvantages of platform bed.
So here we go:
- The platform beds don’t have springs and that’s why it is extremely comfortable for sleeping. Moreover, it has a very soft mattress and you will love your bed for this. Also, it is proves to be extremely good for people who are heavy. If you love to put stuffs beneath your bed, then it consists of in-built cabinets and drawers which can be used to put the blankets and other stuff hence will save more space.
- The mattresses for the platform beds can be chosen according to the personal choice as it does not require any type of special mattress. Also, it has a very solid development hence it will serve you for a long time. The people with heavy weights will not find any difficulty on the bed.
- Platforms beds are too economical for a middle class family as it doesn’t need any box springs or any establishments. It includes a level strong surface which proves to be very helpful for flexible foam beddings. The design of the bed is also attractive and it is noiseless which a great advantage is. Platform beds are most popular in European countries as it can go with any type of home décor. It comes up with varied design: classic, contemporary or traditional. You can choose among them as per your choice.
- The primary drawback of the platform beds is its price. It is quite expensive but we must say it is worth buying. Also, due to the low profile of this bed, it might be uncomfortable for the people who have issues with knees and back.
- The placing of bed is also quite difficult around tight corners, stairs and entryways. In case you need to shift the bed from one place to another, then it is really tough to do that as it is a single piece bed.
- In case you are looking for an attractive designing and planning for it, then you might need to spend more on purchasing high quality mattress for the platform bed to make it stylish.
- The people who love to store their things inside the bed and want to hide the mess; platform beds are not very suitable for them, as the beds are low floor. However, if you want a storage bed, then platform beds are available with drawer and cabinet storage but the arrangement will be quite expensive.
So, these are the listed advantages and disadvantages of the platform beds. We can conclude by considering both its pros and cons that platforms beds are really comfortable and economical. Though it is quite costly, but it’s a worth buying. Once, you will try the platform bed, you’ll never want its leave its soft mattress. Therefore, our recommendation is that one should try it at least once. It will give immense satisfaction.