In most of the modern cities there are electric vehicles and other means of transportation. The electric or motorised skateboard is yet another method of transport. The electric skateboard comes with a weight sensor and a hand-held throttle to control the speed. Individuals use these skateboards to commute long distances, visit nearby shops and much more. No matter what the reason is, skateboard is an incredible thing to own.
There are different types of skateboards to choose from and it makes it difficult for a person to choose the right one. Regardless of experience, it is recommended that one should know the features well, so purchasing the best skateboard in 2018 becomes fruitful for him/ her. Once you are on this quest, you will also discover impeccable features of some skateboards that can offer you a smooth ride. It may be a little overwhelming to select the best one.
To make your search easy we have decided to make a list of some of the best skateboards. We have covered the details. For example, we have mentioned about the board’s weight and accommodating weight of skater in lbs. The deck material used for each has been mentioned. Each electric skateboard requires a Lithium ion battery and for how long you need to charge it. Also, each one runs at a certain power in watt covering a distance in miles at a mile per hour speed. Take a look and decide which one is the best electric skateboard just for you.
- ACTON BLINK Lite Electric Skateboard: (7.7lb; deck: Maple wood;450 watts; Lithium-ion; 2 hrs;10mphr; 5miles; 130lbs). It is the world lightest electric skateboard which is great for teens, kids, etc. up to 130 LBS. It is different from high performance skateboards. The riders can go up to 5 miles on a single charge. It comes with a limited warranty of 6 months and with Bluetooth remote control you can turn your board on and off. You just have to flick the switch and it is done. Then choose forward or reverse and you can begin cruising your destination.
Pros: Good for children. LED lights provided. Bluetooth Remote Control. Smooth ride
Cons: Not good for hill climbing.
- ACTON BLINK S Powerful Electric Skateboard: (11lbs; deck: Canadian maple wood and aluminium; 600 watts; Lithium-ion; 1 hr; 15mphr; 7miles; 220lbs) This skateboard is ideal for outstanding performance. The BLINK S-R is ideal for students to ride around without any concerns. It has a distinctive design and offers 15 percent inclination ride.
Pros: The 83-mm polyurethane wheels work in all road conditions. Improved braking and acceleration. 15 percent inclination, charge time – 45 to 60 minutes.
Cons: The braking is not efficient during low battery.
- Boosted 2nd Gen Dual+ Electric Skateboared: (5lb; deck: Bamboo; 2000 watts; Lithium-ion; 1hr; 22mphr; 12miles; 250lbs) Use it to travel or simply ride for recreation. The 80 mm sturdy wheel offers secure support to the rider. The 2000 W motor allows you to climb paths with a 25 percent grade.
Pros: Safe and smooth powerful ride for people up to 250 lbs, Bluetooth enabled remote for smooth control.
Cons: Too long (38 inches)
- Inboard M1 Premium Electric Skateboard: (14.5lbs; deck: Wood composite; 1600 watts; Lithium-ion;1 ½hr; 22mphr; 7 miles; 250lbs) The most advanced e board which is remarkably light. The boosted board is perfect for big cities and metro areas. To get anywhere quickly this is a great buy. You can kick push this board and take a smooth ride on it. You can match high speed with maximum stability as well.
Pros: Durable, sturdy and stable in rough areas. Well controlled. Has wireless remote controller.
Cons: Mobile app has connectivity issues sometimes.
- MAXFIND Dual Motor Electric Skateboard Longboard: (13lbs; deck: Maple wood;1000 watt; Lithium-ion;1hr; 18 mphr;10 miles; 220lbs) The 8-ply maple wood deck means that it is extremely durable ad comes with a sturdy construction. The size and ply of the deck makes it very stable especially when you have to ride downhill. Top speed is 17 mph and wheels are 83 mm polyurethane. It has a high rebound which means that the wheel will last for ages.
Pros: Utilises dual-motor technology. It has high-rebound polyurethane wheels. It is water resistant and has 20% hill grade for easy hill climbing.
Cons: Slows down speed while climbing.
- SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard: (19.5lbs; deck: Maplewood;1000 watt; Lithium-ion; 2-4 hr; 25mphr; 15.5miles; 280lbs) It is an inexpensive skateboard which is sure to give you an awesome ride. It can take you to hills at crazy speed. The board is durable ad sturdy. Gives you proper support and makes the ride fun. If you love in a hilly region then you will love this board.
Pros: The wheels are 53-mm polyurethane wheels that work in all road conditions. There are lights in front and rear for safety and built-in brakes.
Cons: The wireless remote control is made of plastic.
- Yuneec E-GO2 Electric Longboard Skateboard: (22.9lb; deck: Composite wood;
400 watts; Flexible Lithium-ion; 3-5 hrs; 12.5mphr; 18 miles; 220lbs)
This 12mm eight layered composite mm deck is highly durable and flexible. The two riding speed modes are exemplary to meet the needs of any rider. It has all the qualities which you seek in an electric skateboard. It is stylish and E-GO2 kicktail shapes offers you more control. Steering is better and it will allow you to meet the new trends.. The ball bearing rollers are smooth and give you absolute comfort while riding.
Pros: Large 90 mm wheels keep the skateboard steady on pavement. Bluetooth remote controls speed. Smooth ride for skaters up to 220 lbs.
Cons: Heavy and has low power.
The electric skateboard review of each skateboard covers most of the important details to help you choose the best one.