Over the last several years, there’s been a significant increase in the demand for new garage doors throughout the U.S. Are you looking to replace your garage door?
Whether your replacement is for safety purposes or aesthetics (or both), there’s a lot that goes into calculating the price of a new garage door. Read on to learn more about the average garage door replacement cost. You’ll also get some tips on how you can save money on the replacement process.
How Much Does a Garage Door Replacement Cost?
When it comes to determining the price of a garage door replacement, there are a lot of factors that you need to take into account. The following are some of the most noteworthy:
- Garage door style (swing-up, swing-out, roll-up, etc.)
- Single-layer vs. multi-layer insulation (multi-layer costs more but lasts longer and better insulates the garage)
- Materials (wood is more expensive than materials like vinyl and composite)
- Additional replacement costs (tracks, springs, cables, etc.)
- Cost of additional labor (e..g, hiring an electrician)
As you can see, there’s plenty that goes into calculating the cost of your replacement. On average, though, most homeowners end up spending anywhere from the high $600s to a little over $1,000 to get a new garage door.
Always Hire a Professional
Some people see how much a replacement garage door costs and immediately start wondering if this is a project they can tackle on their own to save money. In short, the answer is no. It’s always better to hire a professional for this job.
Garage door replacement is tricky business, and there’s a lot that can go wrong if you don’t know what you’re doing. To avoid serious injuries and to ensure your garage door gets replaced properly, be sure to contact a professional before starting any work on this part of your house.
How to Save Money on Garage Door Replacement
It’s true that replacing your garage door is expensive. Luckily, though, there are steps you can take to offset the cost. The following are some of the most effective ones you might want to consider:
- Cut out the middle man and buy your garage door directly from the manufacturer
- Pass on additional features and stick to a basic model
- Get quotes from several replacement professionals (the folks at Garageharmony.com always recommend comparing before you buy)
Make sure that your replacement door comes with a warranty, too. That way, if something does go wrong, you can get it fixed without having to spend a lot of additional money.
Replace Your Garage Door Today
Now that you know more about what to expect when it comes to garage door replacement cost, are you ready to go ahead and invest in a new door? Keep the information outlined above in mind so you can plan properly for this new addition to your home.
If you want more advice on home improvement or repairs, we have plenty of other resources available on our site. Visit the Homes section today to learn more.