Fenugreek, commonly found in kitchen pantries and medicine cabinets, is known for its health and beauty benefits all across the globe. It is available in both seed and powder form. It is used in alternative medicine for treating inflammation, skin allergies, and digestion issues.
Did you know that it is a great product for boosting the health of your hair? I guess not. In this article, I am going to discuss the top benefits of this miracle product for your hair.
Benefits of Fenugreek Powder for Hair
- Iron and Protein are two nutrients that are essential for maintaining healthy, luscious hair. Fenugreek is a rich source of both of them. On top of that, it has great anti-inflammatory properties which are very effective in treating excessive hair fall.
- Fenugreek for hair is a great antimicrobial treatment as it is known for its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It effectively treats dandruff which is one of the most common scalp conditions faced by both men and women.
- Inflamed hair follicles can cause excessive shedding. Fenugreek powder is loaded with antioxidants which ensures your hair follicles are healthy at all times.
- Using fenugreek powder on dry and damaged hair will work wonders. It repairs the hair shaft from root to tip, making your hair stronger and longer.
- Fenugreek powder contains vitamins A, K & C, folic acid, potassium, calcium, iron, and protein, all of which contributes to healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Fenugreek powder makes your hair soft and imparts a beautiful shine to it as well.
Is it Safe for All Hair Types?
Whether your hair is oily, dry, normal, curly, or straight, fenugreek powder is suitable for you. However, people who struggle with dry and damaged hair can benefit from it the most. The only people who should avoid using fenugreek are the ones who are allergic to peanuts or chickpeas.
How to Use Fenugreek Powder for Hair?
Now that you are completely aware of the benefits, you might be wondering; how can I use fenugreek powder for hair? There are several ways to use it. You can either go for oral supplements after your doctor’s approval or make plenty of DIY masks at home. I am listing my favorite ones below:
The Simple One – Water and Fenugreek
Simply take a few tablespoons of fenugreek powder. Make sure you are using an organic powder that is free from chemicals. Add some water to create a paste. The mixture shouldn’t be too runny but should be easily spreadable. Apply it to your scalp as well as ends.
Leave it on for 20 minutes and cover your hair with a shower cap. Wash it off using your favorite shampoo and conditioner and enjoy shiny hair.
The Deep Conditioner – Fenugreek, Yogurt, and Honey
Add a few tablespoons of fenugreek powder, add enough yogurt to create a paste and a teaspoon of honey. Let the mixture sit for 1 to 20 minutes (Note: Do not apply this mask to your hair if you are allergic to honey).
Apply it to your scalp and hair strands. Make sure your hair is completely covered. Let it sit for half an hour and then wash off with your favorite shampoo and conditioner.
The Oil Effect
Take a tablespoon of fenugreek powder and mix it with hot coconut oil in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it overnight. In the morning, apply it to your hair.
Focus mainly on the roots. Dip your towel in the hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and wrap it around your hair for 5 minutes. Wash off with a sulfate-free shampoo.
I hope you found this article helpful. Happy Fenugreeking!