Windows can make or break the look of a house because they are often the first thing visitors see from outside. Although their primary function is to let light in, you’ll most likely not need the sunlight every minute of the day.
To regulate the sunlight that gets into your home and make it eye-catching, you’ll need window coverings and protections like blinds and shutters. Blinds are coverings that are attached to the inside or above the window’s recess. On the other hand, shutters are fitted to the window’s frame directly.
Emporium blinds and shutters are some of the best window coverings you’ll get. In this post, we’ll show you how they make all the difference when used to decorate a home.
Why should you go for Emporium blinds and shutters?
Emporium has some of the best quality of blinds and shutters. They are available in a variety of textures, materials, and colors that’ll match any home’s interior. To add to that, they require very little maintenance and their cleaning time is greatly reduced when compared to standard blinds and windows. But the icing on the cake is that they make every home they’re installed in look stunning.
How to decorate your home with these blinds and shutters
The best way to decorate your home with Emporium blinds and shutters is to get a professional window specialist to help you out. There are different types of Emporium blinds – roller, motorized, honeycomb, vision, vertical, and roman blinds. Shutters Gold Coast also comes in different styles, so it can be a real task to get the one that will fit your home. This is one situation where a window specialist can come in handy. As they have worked with the products and know a lot about their fabrication and installation, they’ll help you pick the best type of blind and shutter.
Another way a window specialist can help you to decorate your home with blinds and shutters are in suggesting other solutions and alternatives. They’ll also help you install them, so you don’t run into problems later on.
In the installation stage, you’ll have the chance to use standard sizes of blinds and shutters. However, you can also get them custom-made for your windows. Furthermore, always make sure their style, color, and texture suit your taste before you go ahead to get them.
How to clean and maintain your Emporium blinds and shutters
Having quality window coverings and protections is no guarantee that they’ll last for a long time. You’ll still need to make sure that they are properly maintained and cleaned because they’ll collect dust and dirt. Here are a couple of ways to get that done easily:
- Internal shutters: Internal Emporium shutters are usually made from PVC, so cleaning them is a walk in the park. Use a damp cloth to give them a good wipe. But be wary of using a damp cloth to clean wooden shutters. Instead of a damp cloth for these shutters, use a microfiber cloth to keep them clean.
- Outdoor shutters: These Emporium shutters usually accumulate more dust with time, so keeping them clean will require more work. Use a clean broom first to dust them. If they require more cleaning, then wash with soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
- Fabric blinds: The fabric blinds in Emporium’s collection includes roller blinds, roman blinds, and panel-glide blinds. They should be cleaned using a soft brush. But if they have tough stains, then use a sponge soaked in soapy water to wipe them. Scrubbing fabric blinds will likely damage them, so be careful when you clean them.
- Aluminum shutters: Like internal shutters, use a damp cloth to clean them. They are usually removable, so the temptation to remove them is usually there. This is a bad idea, because not only will they be difficult to reinstall, but you can also damage them in the process.
- Venetian blinds: For Venetian blinds, you can use your vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt from it. But make sure the cleaner is on the lowest setting, so they don’t get sucked up into the device in the process. Remember to work from the top of the blind down, so that the dirt and dust fall into the uncleaned area.
Whether you need a replacement or you’re moving into a new home, Emporium blinds and shutters are excellent window coverings to get. In Australia, you’ll not likely get a better alternative than the ones offered by Emporium.
We’ve explained why you should get Emporium blinds and shutters, and how to get them installed through the help of a window expert. We’ve also given tips on how to clean the different types of blinds and shutters in this post.
Decorate your home just the way you like it with Emporium blinds and shutters.