“Water is the driving force of all nature”. – Leonardo da Vinci. There is no need to reiterate the importance of water, Leonardo da Vinci has said all there is to say. The main question is: What is Alkaline Water? Water is made up of Oxygen and Hydrogen which accounts for why Scientists call it H2O. Alkaline water is water that has been ionized such that the PH level of such water has been increased. The lower the hydrogen level, the higher the PH level. Alkaline water has more hydrogen ions than regular water. The alkalinity of every liquid can be measured using a PH scale with a measurement of 0-14. Any liquid that measures below 7 is said to be acidic (such as Orange, Coffee and Vinegar), normal water (such as tap water) measures a neutral PH of 7, while any other liquid or water above 7 is said to be alkaline, i.e. it is less acidic and contains lower concentration of hydrogen ions.
There are various ways of making alkaline water, but the most recognized of them all involves manufacturers using special devices to produce commercial alkaline water and specially designed alkaline water filters. The full properties and functions of such an outstanding device are carefully stated in a Fill2Pure NZ review. As a result of such devices, alkaline bottled water is accessible to us although it costs a little more than regular water. The next question is: What then are the benefits of alkaline water? Do you know that there is an increasing demand for alkaline water? What then makes this particular kind of water so special?
There are several research claims of alkaline water such as that: it helps neutralize the acid in the bloodstream, cleanses the colon, contains antioxidants, and boosting antibodies. It also claims to rejuvenate the skin, help in weight loss, cancer resistance, increase blood flow, increases energy, improves digestion, reduces bone loss and so many more claims which are yet to be comprehensively substantiated. However, while these claims are yet to be fully verified because the Science seems to yet be unavailable for now, people are nevertheless convinced of the efficacy of this water. Below are just 7 out of the advantages of alkaline water:
- Boosts Immunity: The body contains some cells that act as “soldiers” responsible for keeping out intruders (in the form of germs). Medically known as “Antibodies”, these Antibodies attack and fight off all kinds of viruses and/or bacteria that come in contact with our body. When germs enter our body, they attack it and kill it before it causes harm. If they succeed in the fight, we remain healthy. If they, however, lose the fight and become overpowered by the invading germs, that is when we fall sick.
Antibodies are never on a break but keep fighting for us every moment of everyday non-stop. Having observed the important and crucial role they play, we will agree that we should always take any food or nourishment that would strengthen them. This, exactly, is what alkaline water does. It boosts the antibodies so that they can be stronger and healthy to fight off disease-causing germs.
- Colon Cleansing: We consume different kinds of food everyday such as fatty, oily foods. Over time, mucus builds up along the walls of our colon as a remnant of the previous meals we have taken. However, with alkaline water, it detoxifies the mucus that builds up along colon walls thereby aiding absorption of nutrients. It also helps in flushing out acidic waste that had accumulated gradually in our body over time.
- Ultra-Hydrating Properties: In the process of converting the initially acidic or neutral tap water to alkaline water, the bad minerals from the water are removed and it leaves only the useful ones. Thereby gaining the capacity of keeping the body fully hydrated through the creation of water molecules which are able to be absorbed by the cells much more easily than ordinary water.
According to science, the smaller the water molecules, the more easily absorbed the water molecules. Because alkaline water contains much smaller water molecules, it is able to re-hydrate the body much faster and for much longer than ordinary water. This is why it is a perfect recommendation for people who sweat a lot such as Sportsmen and Women.
- Rejuvenation of the skin: It has been scientifically observed that skins that are always hydrated tend to glow and shine than those not often hydrated. When the skin is hydrated, the skin cells tend to have a longer lifespan thereby leading to a reduced number and impact of damaged skin cells. Because alkaline water has a super hydrating quality, it, therefore, leaves one’s skin rejuvenated and glowing than ordinary water would have.
- Antioxidant and Anti-Aging Properties: Ever wondered why our bodies cannot make the mistake of not aging? It is because of free radicals that ensure the rapid damaging of our cells thereby fast-tracking our aging process. Based on the potent antioxidant properties infused in all alkaline water, there is the prevention of that natural, radical damages to cells in our body leading to a slowing down of the natural aging process.
- Neutralizes The Body’s Acidity: Doctors have advised that we monitor the PH level of our everyday meal so as to ensure it is not too acidic. In fact, we have been advised to take foods that are 70% alkaline and just 30% acidic so that we don’t over-labor our kidney It is also said to be highly effective in neutralizing the acidity of our body.
- Reduces Bone Loss: Our body is supported by a skeletal framework that is composed of 206 bones upon reaching adulthood. All of these bones are maintained through the aid of minerals like Calcium and Magnesium. Alkaline water contains Magnesium and Calcium which are necessary for keeping our bones strong and healthy. Through these nutrients, bone loss is prevented.