When people understand the motive behind your nonprofit organization, number of donors increases and you start to receive more and more funds for your noble purpose. You do know, the free accounting software that you’re using is not going to help you for a long time.
After achieving a certain level of success, you may want to switch to a user friendly Nonprofit Accounting Software. But, before choosing such software, you may want to consider a few things:
- Be specific:
Yes! Many nonprofit organizations use a general accounting software. You can’t use a hockey when you’re playing cricket. Sure, at some levels general accounting software will help, but after a certain level, you have to choose the specific.
There are many good options available for your nonprofit organization which will perform specific tasks with precision.
- Will it be useful at the time of Audit?
Audit is one of the hardest times any nonprofit organization can face. Numerous questions are asked, numerous files are checked, and numbers of statements are verified. You may want to make sure, the software you’re choosing will be a good helping hand in such times.
No matter which country you reside in, you have to face an audit committee, and you better choose your accounting software which can fit with the laws and policies of the government.
- Packed with needed features:
When you adopt nonprofit accounting software, you expect features like accounts payables & receivables, asset management, activity tracking, etc. Actually, the list of features depends upon your requirements. So, you must identify your needs and check out for the most needed features.
So, here are 5 outstanding nonprofit accounting software that can smoothen your work for your organization:
QuickBooks is one of the widely chosen software for accounting purposes by many businesses, and it is also available for nonprofit organizations. It is a great choice for tracking down donors and programs, maintaining your money, and handling your reports.
QuickBooks basic plan starts from $15/month and the highest plan is of $50/month.
QuickBooks for nonprofit has following features:
- Class tracking to categorize your work and be constant aware of your funds.
- Schedule and send invoices to your regular donors and generate sales receipts.
- Generate donation summary with QuickBooks statements.
- Connect your accounts to track each activity, and categorize your income and expenses.
- Connect QuickBooks with various apps and payment gateways.
- Great team collaboration.
The software is available for a free 30 days trial, so you can try the entire software before your purchase. With robust interface and strong features, QuickBook can be a great choice for your nonprofit organization.
- Sage Intacct:
Sage Intacct is a great choice for:
- Faith-based organizations
- Philanthropic Organizations
- Health and human services
- International and NGOs
Sage Intacct is a power packed accounting software for nonprofit organization with lots of great features like project accounting, multi-entry management, purchasing, payable accounts details, cash management, general ledger, etc.
Third on the list is Aplos that aims to manage donors, members, and books at one place. With Aplos, you are taking following features:
- Track and manage your funds with True Fund Accounting.
- Comparing your budget with your yearly accounts, and specifically monitor each fund.
- Create reports of donation activity, finances, and funds with ease.
- Customize your chart of accounts according to your need.
- Cloud based access to any device!
- Generate reports by projects, activity, location or department wise.
The starter plan of Aplos nonprofit starts from $25/month, and the advanced plan is $120/month.
Xero is an online accounting solution for nonprofit organization, and it is widely accepted because of its easy to use interface. Have a look at some of the features of Xero:
- Get a real time view of your cash flow with an attractive dashboard.
- Create customized invoices. Create flow for recurring invoices.
- Track and manage inventories.
- Connect your bank accounts with the software to get a real time cash flow.
- Record, claim and manage expenses online.
- Protect your organization information with extra security.
- Pay your bills on time, and never miss a payment date.
- Capture all the expanse details on the go with the mobile app.
The starter plan of Xero starts from $20/month, and the premium plan costs $40/month.
ZipBooks is easy accounting software that aims to be intuitive for anyone to use. Let’s have a look at some of the features of ZipBooks:
- Create and send beautiful invoices, and set automation for the recurring invoices.
- Manage your organizational details on the go with mobile app.
- Simplify your process by managing donors, people, and workers and form good team collaboration.
- Organize your time spent, and record your employee’s time.
- Create tags for each activity for a better understanding.
ZipBooks starter plan is free and the highest plan costs $125/month.
So, these were some outstanding accounting software for your nonprofit organization and one of them can be your next good companion. When your organization starts getting more and more donors, it becomes quite necessary to manage the funds with care. Because, you don’t want to lose the precious donations because of some mismanagement. So, it is better to adopt a smart accounting software for nonprofit which is specially designed according your work area!