One thing that we all want is for our home to smell amazing, right? There is nothing better than walking into someone’s house and smelling a lovely scent, be it jasmine, lavender, vanilla, cranberry, or any other smell that you love! From candles to diffusers; there are a lot of different ways to make your home smell amazing, so let’s take a look at these options in further detail.
- Diffuse essential oils – There is only one place to begin, and this is with essential oils. Plugging in air fresheners is expensive. These are also not natural. Instead, a diffuser is safe for pets and kids while being chemical-free. It is a great way to make your room smell fresh, creating a more relaxing ambience.
- Get baking – Is there any better time than the festive period to do some baking? There is also no better way to fill the air with beautiful aromas in your home. After all, nothing smells better than freshly baked cookies, right? You can fill your home with the sweet scent of biscuits and cookies by baking a batch or two. It is of no surprise that real estate agents often use this trick when it comes to open houses, as it makes the property feel more inviting. So, why not use this trick in your own home too?
- Decorate your home with eucalyptus leaves – Another way to make your property smell incredible is to decorate with real eucalyptus leaves. Of course, these leaves look beautiful, and so they will enhance the visual appeal of your home. However, there are other benefits too, including the beautiful smells they emit, which will help to freshen up your whole home. Keep some of these leaves in a vase in your bathroom for an effective and pretty way of deodorizing in areas whereby you require it the most.
- Stick votive candles in coffee beans – This is a safe and natural way to keep your house odor-free. Plus, it looks pretty cool too!
- Add dryer sheets to your trash can – There is no denying that the smelliest place in the home – and not in a good way – is where the trash cans are. You can use dryer sheets to stop them from stinking up the house. If you put these into the bottom of the trash can they will absorb a lot of the negative odors.
- Put vanilla in your oven – If you are looking for a quick and effective way to make your home smell amazing, you have certainly found it. Add two capfuls of vanilla extract into an oven-safe dish, such as a mug, and bake for one hour at 300.
- Make your own freshening spray – Not only is this going to make your home smell amazing but it is also going to smell unique to you as well. Plus, commercial room freshening sprays are often made with harmful chemicals and they are expensive too. All you are going to need is real essential oils, alcohol, and water.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your carpets – This will not cost you much and it is a great way to deodorize your carpets, meaning they will be kept smelling fresh.
- Simmer potpourri on the stove – This is a great way to make your house smell amazing, and there are a lot of lovely recipes online. For fall coziness, try apples, oranges, and cinnamon.
- Add essential oils to your air filter – Another way to make your home smell amazing is to add essential oils to your air filter. Putting a few drops of premium quality essential oils in your filter will mean the scent gets pushed throughout the house via your HVAC system. This smells great. Plus, essential oils are thought to have natural healing capabilities!
So there you have it: some of the best ways to make your home smell amazing! From adding essential oils to your air diffuser to simmer potpourri on the stove; there are so many different ways you can make your home smell beautiful. This will make a bigger difference than you may realise, making your property feel comfortable, welcoming, and clean. This blog post also provides some good tips on how to clean without chemicals, which will also ensure your home smells lovely and does not have that overpowering chemical smell.